Our Primary Wing was in established in 2013 with two sections of the pre-primary class. Pelkhil School is now a K-12 school. In a few years we expect to offer seats at every grade level.
From 2016 we introduced the Cambridge International Examinations (CIE) syllabi and text to supplement the regular curriculum. We have already received ministerial approval to fully adopt CIE and we are preparing for affiliation. If you are keen to know more about Cambridge, here’s a link.
Visit our campus and discover what we have to offer that is unique and of the highest quality. Our commitment to affordable high quality education starts in the primary wing.
Early education is not just learning alphabets and numerals as many parents like to believe. Many parents rate schools that focus on just these activities as ‘good schools’. There is obviously so much more that young children need to learn at a young age. In order to expose them to more than just a blackboard in a closed room, we offer many other activities in and outside of the classroom:
- Physical Education , development of balance, coordination, overall fitness
- Music and rhythm taught by well trained professionals
- Creative expressions through regular activities in Art and Crafts
- Classes outdoors, nature walks, feeling the natural environment
- Personal hygiene
- Practice of good nutrition in collaboration with parents
- Skills for socialization
We have well trained teachers to impart these skills and habits. We are also keen to sort out the strange local English accent that is developing among Bhutanese students!
Besides a good faculty, there are other advantages of joining our Primary school:
- Our fees are very affordable and lower than those of other schools in Thimphu.
- The teacher-student ratio is very small.
- Our campus provides the best facilities and the most space for the students to run around and play.
- Students can continue on to the senior classes after primary school.
And a bonus: Ours is the only campus where you won’t face traffic congestion every morning! We have two points of entry to the campus from Lungtenphu and Olakha and adequate parking on campus.
If you have any queries please do not hesitate to contact us via email at email@example.com.