Choosing a school based on how low the fees are is not exactly the best way to secure a good education. Unfortunately, that seems to be the very trend in Thimphu! Fortunately, a high fee is also not a measure of high quality either. Pelkhil School offers the best of both worlds, high quality at affordable cost.
- Class PP: Nu. 13,200/term
- Class I: Nu.13,200/term
- Class III: Nu.13,200/term
- Class 7-8: Nu.18,000/term (Nu. 36,000/year)
- Class 9-12: Nu.21,000/term (Nu. 42,000/year)
- CE: Nu.10,000/- (Plus lab fee of Nu.2000/yr for science students)
- Discount: Concurrently enrolled 2nd, 3rd siblings, etc. will each receive a 10% fee discount.
For students living between Lungtenphu and Babesa, it does not make sense to go anywhere else. The city bus fare alone will make any other school more expensive. (Bus fare Nu.10 x 2 trips per day x 25 days a month = 500/mo. or Nu4500 extra per year)Classes VII-XII will go home at 3:45pm Class PP-III will go home at 2:30pm
- Non-fee items
- Nu.1000/term Stationery charge: This is cheaper than buying your own stationery.
- Nu.3000/term Science surcharge: This covers actual materials used by the science students and the substantial extra space and equipment set aside just for this small group of students. Again, this is lower than actual cost.
Note: There are 2 terms in a year.
For students with outstanding results in the BCSE (X) exam, we are able to offer a limited number of 100% scholarships. Eligibility criteria will be revised and published. We do not offer financial aid as government schools are completely free and available to all citizens.