Completed in 2010, the Pelkhil campus is quite new. So far only phase I has been built and three blocks totalling 50,000 sft include the following facilities:
- 24 purpose-built wired classrooms
- 3 Science laboratories with preparation rooms and storerooms
- Computer lab with central server connected to all classrooms and offices
- Leased line internet connection
- Faculty Room for 32 staff with lounge and thin client terminals
- Conference Room for 50
- Recreational Hall for rainy days 3000 sft + for Table Tennis, Carom, Chess etc etc
- Library for 72 students (about 3 sections can be accommodated).
- Dance / Music hall (currently in use as cafeteria)
- Judo Dojo measuring 3000 sft plus changing rooms
- Home Science Room
- Two full-size basketball courts
- 1 full-size football field (120m x 70m) with cricket centre wicket.
- 2 cricket practice nets
- Volleyball courts
- Adequate parking space
- Playground for the Primary Wing students securely fenced all around.
All 3 blocks are connected with internal corridors making circulation convenient regardless of weather conditions. A 10,000 sft central courtyard serves as a point of assembly and a place to relax.
The 8-acre campus is secluded from the hustle and bustle of Thimphu by the still beautiful Thimchhu river but connected to the wider world with its very own bridge.
We have plans for expansions of the facilities which will be done in keeping with the growing need, including more sports infrastructure and residential facilities.